Are you a creative and talented communications professional looking to make a difference on urban issues in the DC region? The Coalition for Smarter Growth (CSG) is seeking a Communications and Engagement Manager to join our small but mighty team. The ideal candidate will be flexible, organized, and self-motivated and will have experience with digital communications, graphic design, and a clear and effective writing style.
About the Coalition for Smarter Growth
The Coalition for Smarter Growth is the leading organization in the Washington DC region dedicated to making the case for smart growth. Our mission is to promote walkable, inclusive, and transit-oriented communities, and the land use and transportation policies needed to make those communities flourish. Read more about our organization at smartergrowth.net.
Digital Communications (50% of time)
- Create consistent and intriguing social media content for our Facebook and Twitter, manage daily performance metrics, and generate strategies to grow our presence on social media.
- Use our WordPress and Squarespace platforms to produce content to engage with our supporters, evaluate supporter engagement, and ensure our websites reflect our current campaigns/messaging.
- Manage our communications calendar.
- Write copy for, edit, proofread and provide technical support for our quarterly advocacy updates, action alerts, invitations to events and occasional fundraising content.
- Use our CRM, EveryAction, to create our email and action communications and track the results of these efforts.
- Develop strategies to build our mailing list and engage with supporters from a diverse array of backgrounds.
Graphics + Design (20% of time)
- Several times a year, use Adobe Creative Suite to layout publications including our annual report, infographics, promotional materials, and other documents.
- Work with the CSG team to overhaul the current website, knowledge of WordPress will be extremely helpful.
- Produce visual content to enhance our advocacy updates and online presence.
Events (10% of time)
- Provide support with photography.
- Work with the advocacy team to coordinate the details for our popular walking tours and forums series.
- Develop an external engagement strategy to publicize our events to a diverse cross-section of area residents.
- Assist with post-event processing including evaluations, updating records in our CRM, managing follow-up email communications, and thanking speakers.
Volunteer Management (10% of time)
- Recruit volunteers and interns to assist with events and digital communications as well as other opportunities as they arise. Ensure that we are using industry best practices to recruit a multicultural group of volunteers from diverse backgrounds.
- Manage the volunteer database
- Plan an annual volunteer appreciation event
Organizational Collaboration (10% of time)
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Attend biannual strategic retreats
- In consultation with the team, develop quarterly work plans and report on work progress.
- Schedule and attend check-ins with supervisor and other team members.
- Provide other support as needed.
You should apply if you meet 75-80% of the following criteria
- You are creative, detail-oriented, and organized and are comfortable managing several projects at a time.
- You have at least 2-3 years of relevant experience with website design, digital communication using a CRM system (we use EveryAction), and developing a communications strategy.
- You are comfortable navigating the backend of a website and understand the basics of HTML
- You are an excellent writer and can write clear, easy-to-understand content about complicated issues on a deadline.
- You have a passion for making our communities more sustainable, inclusive, and livable, and want to help advocate for better transit, more affordable housing, and more walkable and bike-friendly communities.
- You have a collaborative and positive attitude, and are able to work on your own or in a team setting.
- You are comfortable using the Adobe Creative Suite to layout publications
- You have strong knowledge of how to use Facebook and Twitter to advance engagement, advocacy, and fundraising goals.
- Experience with photography or film is a plus.
- Experience working on digital advocacy campaigns with a diverse group of supporters is a plus.
- Experience managing volunteers is a plus.
Employment Benefits & Details
- Expected salary range for qualified candidates is between $58,000 to $68,000. The exact level is dependent on experience and performance-based raises are negotiable at the end of each year
- Full-time employment
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- A flexible schedule
- Commuter benefits
- Comprehensive vacation, sick, and personal leave
- 403(b) retirement program with employer contributions after one year of employment.
The position is based in the CSG office, conveniently located three blocks from Union Station in DC, working with five other full-time staff members and a revolving cast of volunteer interns and fellows. Periodic evening and weekend work is required, and matched with reasonable flexibility during the week.
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, or age.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample of less than 500 words in one PDF to email@example.com with “Communications and Engagement Manager” in the subject line. In your application materials, please help us understand how you would contribute to the diversity of CSG staff, and let us know where you learned about the position. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM Sunday, September 8th. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.