Find all current openings with Alaska Wilderness League here.
Alaska Wilderness League is the only Washington, DC-based conservation group devoted full-time to protecting the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and other wilderness quality lands and waters offshore in Alaska. Founded in 1993, the League is a nonprofit organization with headquarters in DC and offices in Alaska and across the country. Our dynamic team works to lead the effort to preserve Alaska’s wild lands and waters by engaging citizens and decision makers with a courageous, constant, victorious voice for Alaska.
Join a dynamic team committed to doing whatever it takes to protect and defend Alaska’s wild places. The Development Coordinator position provides crucial support for the League’s development activities, and includes ample opportunity for growth.
The role requires excellent interpersonal skills as well as attention to detail, and is largely responsible for day-to-day functioning of the League’s development programs. On a daily basis, the Development Coordinator will process incoming donations through a variety of channels and maintain data integrity in the League’s Raiser’s Edge database, while also helping coordinate stewardship and cultivation for League donors (including donor events) and producing various membership communications and reports.
Key responsibilities include:
- Updating records, tracking donations, producing donor lists and maintaining data integrity in Raiser’s Edge;
- Generating and managing the League’s stewardship and donor acknowledgments process;
- Producing solicitation letters, newsletter articles and occasional blog posts;
- Coordinating and executing large-scale mailings (for events, solicitations, etc.)
- Answering phone calls, and placing calls to donors and prospective donors
- Other duties, as they arise
- Microsoft Office Suite (at least Excel and Word)
- Relational databases a.k.a. CRM software (Raiser’s Edge experience is a plus, or at least a willingness to learn the software)
- 1 to 2 years of professional work experience
- Microsoft SQL experience? Definitely not required, but if you have it, let us know!
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Strong written skills
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not essential
Please send resume, cover letter, a relevant writing sample, salary requirements and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com.