The Water Hub is seeking a Senior Manager of Digital Communications to help build the public and political will needed to solve some of the most pressing water challenges facing the western United States. The Water Hub was created to elevate water as a public health, economic and social justice crisis, in addition to an environmental one. We will work to increase the quantity and quality of water news while raising the profile of our partner organizations.
At a time when so many stories center on conflict, we will be looking to create new narratives of progress and possibility, spotlighting the water solutions taking root from urban neighborhoods to forests and farmland. We will also work to broaden the conversation, uplifting the voices and stories of frontline communities, Native nations, and other underrepresented groups.
The Water Hub was designed to add capacity to the water movement, and the Senior Manager’s strategy advice and hands-on help will be invaluable for smaller organizations that have limited time and resources to develop high impact digital campaigns.
The Senior Manager will be part of a highly collaborative five-person Water Hub team led by a Managing Director, and will also be able to access the skills and experience of Climate Nexus colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in digital organizing, including an understanding of the way online campaigns can complement earned media and direct outreach to decision makers. The Senior Manager will work with the Water Hub team and its network of partners to develop compelling content, design and execute campaigns, target key audiences via online advertising, test messaging and imagery, and track engagement.
- Collaborate with Water Hub colleagues to design and execute multimedia campaigns around major water news moments.
- Build relationships with digital communicators at partner organizations, serving as a resource and a thought partner, and seeking opportunities to collaborate.
- Help partner organizations grow their base and deepen engagement with existing supporters.
- Use digital tools to test messaging and imagery to learn the best ways to inspire action on water issues.
- Cultivate an online network of partners and allies that works together to amplify relevant news and calls to action.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation practices that help the Water Hub and its partners assess the effectiveness of our work, share results, and strengthen our strategies over time.
- Work with the digital and creative teams at Climate Nexus as needed to produce content, design strategies, and execute campaigns.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and developments in digital, including but not limited to event strategies, email marketing, mobile, live streaming, social curation, web video and social media listening.
- Passion for advocacy, and for creating a more just and sustainable world.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial; excited to help create something impactful.
- Able to receive feedback with openness and humility.
- Effective network and relationship builder.
- At ease working alone or with colleagues as required by project or partner.
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Solid work ethic and good humor; willing to hustle and pitch in as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5–8 years of experience in digital communications.
- Demonstrated experience managing digital communications projects, including but not limited to audience identification, thoughtful campaign design, A/B testing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experiencing managing websites, email programs, and social media platforms is required, but Climate Nexus can support training on specific tools if needed.
- Good understanding of SEO/SEM.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages/ microsites.
- Ability to translate complex concepts for digital and social platforms.
- Strong writer and deep listener with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Experience working in a coalition or network setting.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package, including paid personal and sick leave; standard health, dental and vision packages; employer contributions to 401k retirement account; parental leave after one year; commuter transit benefit.
Climate Nexus is a fiscally sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc., an equal opportunity employer. Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages qualified persons of diverse age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, or military or veteran status to apply.
Chaloner has partnered with The Water Hub at Climate Nexus on their search for a Senior Manager, Digital Communications. Interested candidates should apply by using the application form. Chaloner will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.