Location: 1612 K Street NW, Ste 401, Washington, DC 20006-2826
Deadline: March 15, or until filled; applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Reports to: Communications Manager
ERI is seeking to fill the position of Communications Coordinator, in our Washington D.C. office, to support the existing Communications team and to increase collaboration between Communications and our other programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate content on the ERI website and social media sites, particularly Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Track and analyze ERI’s online metrics and make monthly recommendations for design and content changes;
- Manage ERI’s Google AdWords account (training available);
Marketing and Fundraising
- Compile & lay-out ERI’s e-newsletter and other appeals through EveryAction;
- Design and implement a constituent ladder of engagement, and online appeals in partnership with our Development team;
- Produce or assist with promotional materials, including shareable graphics for social media;
- Take, collect and catalog photos and videos from all of ERI’s programs;
- Update and maintain the editorial calendar;
- Provide occasional office technology support;
- Manage ERI’s press database, including monitoring online and offline media coverage of ERI’s work and issue areas;
Other communications tasks TBD, based on the selected applicant’s skill set.
- 3-4 years of experience in digital communications or a related field (journalism, press relations, or advocacy);
- Exceptional writing ability and strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Creative thinking, adaptability, and a willingness to brainstorm and explore new ideas every day;
- General knowledge and enthusiasm regarding human rights and corporate accountability;
- Demonstrated talent in at least two of the following areas. Candidates are not expected to excel in every category, but should excel in at least two and have a genuine interest in developing other skills in these areas:
- Creative design sensibilities and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc);
- Public relations campaign planning and implementation;
- Social media campaigning and constituent engagement, and a working knowledge of tools for online advocacy, grassroots organizing, and coalition building;
- Fundraising and marketing, donor engagement;
- Experience with content management software, such as WordPress;
- General web development or IT skills;
- Ideally, s/he will also: be self-motivated; work well in an informal, team-oriented environment; be detail oriented; have experience working in a multicultural setting and have a sense of humor.
Salary commensurate with experience; ERI offers competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; generous paid vacation, sick and personal days; contribution to retirement fund; a casual and friendly work environment.
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
Candidates should send an email with the subject line “ERI Communications Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents, in MS Word or PDF format.
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Writing sample or extract (link or attachment)
- References may be requested at a later point in the process
Once your application has been submitted, please go to this link and fill out the anonymous demographic survey questions. This information will not be linked to your individual application in any way, but helps ERI evaluate our efforts at recruiting a diverse set of applicants.
EarthRights International is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices, and actively encourages people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQI people to apply.