Associate, Investor Action on Climate
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Associate, Investor Action on Climate will support Ceres Paris-Aligned Portfolio Project to encourage investors to transition their portfolios to be aligned with the Paris Climate Agreement’s goals that is part of the Ceres Accelerator for Sustainable Capital Markets.
This is a full-time salaried position, based in the Boston or San Francisco office, and reporting to the Senior Director, International Investor Engagement.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Supporting the project management of the Paris-Aligned Portfolio Project;
- Coordinating with Ceres staff, and partners organizations, to encourage investors to take action on climate change, with a focus on investor climate action plans and Paris-aligned portfolios;
- Preparing written materials, in collaboration with the communications team at Ceres and partners;
- Conducting research to support the project’s objectives;
- Organizing meetings and scheduling calls related to project;
- Preparing and distributing meeting materials in advance of meetings; writing notes during meetings, tracking required responses and action items, and coordinating with relevant staff and international partners on implementation;
- Tracking engagement with investors, NGOs, governments, the United Nations, academic institutions and other stakeholders on international investor initiatives;
- Assist with the Ceres Accelerator’s projects as required;
- Ensuring that systems are maintained for information sharing across Ceres and with partners through Salesforce and other systems.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for specific Investor Network working groups as time permits and needs require.
- Minimum of two to three years, full-time, professional experience demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills and project management abilities.
- Prior experience managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- An understanding of financial markets and investment firms, financial institutions, or institutional investors.
- Strong project management experience related to developing and implementing systems to track activity, progress and outcomes.
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment.
- A high degree of attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and confidence when interacting with colleagues and supervisors.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work proactively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, a plus.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.