Mohonk Preserve, New York State’s largest member & visitor supported nature preserve is seeking a detail-oriented person with diverse maintenance skills to fill the position of part time Seasonal Janitor. IMMEDIATE OPENING
Mohonk Preserve, located in Ulster County, NY is a non-profit organization whose mission is to protect the Shawangunk Mountains region and inspire people to care for, enjoy, and explore their natural world. The Preserve manages 8,000 acres of the northern Shawangunk Mountains in Ulster County, NY through four integrated programs – Conservation Science, Education, Land Stewardship, and Land Protection, and is a regional model for large-scale conservation planning. We have an annual budget of $4.6 million, 37 year-round staff, over 400 volunteers, and a diverse support base of over 16,000 members.
We have a strong Stewardship department which includes Facilities and Maintenance staff, Rangers and Trailhead Assistants. The Seasonal Janitor reports directly to the Associate Director of Facilities & Grounds. We are seeking a team member with a collaborative work style and experience in general janitorial duties and minor maintenance.
The Seasonal Janitor is expected to work up to 30-40 hours per week, May through November. The primary focus is the routine cleaning of the facilities and restrooms of the Preserve, particularly the Visitor Center and Undercliff House (aka: Ranger Station) as well as all CXT’s (pit toilets) on property daily.
This seasonal part-time position requires janitorial skills including:
- Experience with sanitizing, disinfecting, hard surface cleaning, vacuuming, trash & recycling removal
- Janitorial skills that assure a clean and presentable environment for the public
- Basic plumbing and minor maintenance skills
- Attention to detail; notifying Management of need for repairs
- Communication skills including ability to document and report activities
- Strong time management skills and be successful meeting deadlines
- Able to take direction, and ability to work independently and as a team member
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to perform strenuous labor
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, work outside, ability to follow all safety precautions
- Clean NYS driver’s license
- Capable of driving a manual transmission
- Ability to pass driving record and general background check
- Participate in other stewardship duties as needed
- Flexible schedule; occasional irregular hours, including some weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
Salary: $12 per hour
Excellent work environment; access privileges to the lands of the Mohonk Preserve and Mohonk Mountain House resort.
Application accepted via e-mail only. Applications at: https://www.mohonkpreserve.org/who-we-are/jobs.html
Please submit before June 26, 2020 to: email@example.com
David Toman, Vice President & CFO
This job announcement is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.
Mohonk Preserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates.