Western Slope Conservation Center seeks a dynamic leader who is mission-driven, hardworking and a creative problem-solver.
Position Summary: The Executive Director leads the Western Slope Conservation Center (WSCC) in pursuit of its mission to conserve the lands, air, water and wildlife of the Lower Gunnison River watershed. This is a full-time, exempt staff position. Key responsibilities include programmatic leadership, fundraising (both donor and grants), financial management to include establishing/managing an annual budget of approximately $250K, staff management, board development, communications, and marketing. The Executive Director works under the guidance and supervision of the Board of Directors and collaborates with WSCC staff, board, and volunteers.
Essential Core Competencies:
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in nonprofit management, program leadership or fundraising
- Work and life experience commensurate with described position responsibilities
- Empathetic and inclusive approach to community-based conservation work and ability to work with diverse backgrounds and perspectives to implement the WSCC mission
- Exceptional work ethic, integrity, personal motivation, and commitment to the WSCC mission
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and office skills including technological proficiency with common office software and online platforms
WSCC is located in Paonia, CO, in the North Fork Valley on the western slope of the Rocky Mountains. The valley is abundant with organic farms, wineries, breweries, arts and culture, and above all, it is a nature lover’s paradise with access to hiking trails, mountain biking, kayaking, paddle boarding, rafting, camping, backpacking, and more.
WSCC is committed to creating a diverse team that reflects our whole community of constituents. We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds who meet the core competencies of this position to apply. Click on this link for a full job description, and information on WSCC’s mission and initiatives.
Send resume, cover letter and 3 references to: Jobs@theconservationcenter.org
Resumes accepted from through 8/21/20